Sunday, July 11, 2021

Veronica Loves Food

 


I love to eat, but I despise cooking.  So, how does that end up looking in my house?  The easier the food is to prepare, the better for me.  But when we look at the foods that are easy to prepare, what are we getting besides the food?  A whole lot of things I don't know how to pronounce!

Before you scream, "Not another whole foods, Keto-loving, only-eat-plants nut!" let me tell you where I am right now.

I love food!

I love food that SOMEONE ELSE makes.  Restaurants - love it!  Hubby cooking dinner - love it!  Fast food - love it! Thanksgiving dinner at my mother-in-law's - love it!  A bag or box from the freezer that I throw in the pan with water and it's done - love it!  I truly don't have a discerning palate.  I don't want to prepare the food, so if someone else has done it for me they have become my new best friend.

Nearly 21 years of being the one who begrudgingly shops for, prepares, and cleans up after the food I've fallen into finding the easiest thing possible to make nearly every time.  My mom never learned how to cook (don't worry, she knows) and therefore didn't pass on great tips and tricks in the kitchen.  But we can both make a mean Hamburger Helper any day of the week!  


This struggle is real.  I don't know what to do with a kitchen full of ingredients.  So the nearly 21 years of making and eating easy-to-prepare foods has really done a number on my waistline.  In fact I've added 120 extra numbers the professionals like to refer to as "pounds".  Adding that much weight over 21 years has been a slow but very steady process which has lately overwhelmed me with the thought of changing things.  


No longer!  If I don't take control and change things now I'll destroy my life to the point that I'd be no more fun than a potato. 

Today is the beginning of finding joy in health.  No more potato living.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Veronica Loves Sewing

 I remember planning out the clothes I wanted my mom to sew for my dolls, but she wouldn't make them nearly fast enough for me.  The sol...